Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Cam-whoration

BETTA'S ABODE

Somewhat heavy on the IKEA aesthetic, but the light and view trumps all.

Outside my window: Harry's famous pie shop, the sea, and a tree for privacy.

My working table artfully arranged to give impression of high productivity. Notice bottle of Nutrient Water, proven hangover cure and secret indication of continuous raucous nights.

...the remnants of debauchery. Notice money, dice, junkfood, a little cigarette bud plant.
Need I say more?
BETTA'S RESI-GENG

The lovely, and fully mad S.

The lovely and fully insane B.

Macaroon present from S. Possibly the world's most elegant confection.


BETTA'S OCEANS AND VARIOUS OBSESSIONS (GIVEN OPPORTUNITY TO GROW TO UNHEALTHY LEVELS)

Check out this crazy pool right by the sea. It fills up with water each time the waves come in. Enough to make one die with happiness. Shame on anyone who even remotely entertains the mere thought of a Tsunami joke. SHAME!

Requisite postcard shot. Taken from the top of a hill planted with big friendly trees.

The telescope at the observatory! It was in a big dome which was cranked open via a wheel mechanism. OMG OMG. Yes, I scared everyone - including the guide and the family with children - with my... shall we say, 'enthusiasm'. This was the best day of my life. I saw the sun! And Mars! And Jupiter!

Lord Nelson at the maritime museum. I stood silently before the figure and paid my respects. The handsome brute.

And lastly, I had this ship berthed right outside my window for the better part of two weeks. I would wake up and stare at it for ages. It is a baby version of The Endeavour. Sigh. I is a happy human bean.


...But I still miss home. I miss proper food. I eat a bagel everyday. I never thought I could be sick of blueberry bagels, but it can happen. Majulah mamak untuk negara. I miss beers with the BFF. I miss me doggies (now doggy), me mum and dad, me art scene, and a hundred little things. If anything would keep me here, it's the walking. What freedom, what luxury. Ok. I have to get back to video editing now, something about as exciting as Pak Lah's speeches. Then I can go out and play! Whee. x.

No comments: