Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yangon album

Silly Betta forgot to take an adapter, so the camera gave out after 2 days. Here are some shots I managed to take. You'll have to imagine the rest :)



M.S. (as we jingle past in a trishaw):'Traders Hotel: that's the tallest building in Yangon!'




On the second night, we attend an outdoor theatre/poetry/dance performance set on the grounds of a Hindu temple in a nearby township. I had some problems with the performance, but the setting was beautiful. The text hanging from the trees is the first character in the Myanmar alphabet: 'ka'.




I had my food prepared literally 2 ft in front of me! Too much fun. He's cooking the vegetables I chose. Wonder who's going to pick the pig's nose.




Beautiful Inya lake, perfect dating-spot.




M.D. (a poet, writer and my long-suffering translator), M.S. and Hong,O.B. in the evening light.



Group shot of Myanmar artists and silly old me. Everyone is serious, but I'm grinning like the goddamn Cheshire Cat.



Hong, O.B. in a trishaw. The funnest way to get around Yangon. I was like a kid in a park not wanting my ride to end.



Phones are hot commodities in Yangon. Not everyone has one, so people set up a makeshift 'phonebooth'! So enterprising!



Happy M.S. :)

No comments: