Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Manifest!

Wanting:

FRANCESCO CLEMENTE
Silence, 2001-2002
Watercolor on paper
(113.7 x 112.4 cm)

But feeling:
Inside, 2001-2002
Watercolor on paper
(113 x 114.3 cm)


These beautiful works are from Francesco Clemente's 2002 exhibition of watercolors, The Book of the Sea at Gagosian Gallery, NY. Images from Gagosian Gallery.

I've just realized there are so many posts about the sea lately! Doubtless an indication Betta is firmly planted back in the raging bosom of the city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes I wish I was younger again. As you are in your adventure of art. I remember thinking recently about crossing the bar that I learned about when I was young. But despite its beauty I did not pursue the lure of this beauty and went on to practical things. I have since changed and moved from Canada to Europe and started new things but it would have been easier when I was younger and the visions of beauty more real.

The Ghost Eater said...

Eveningson: I had a peak at your blog(s). You are interesting, wise and so hilarious. (Emo dad helpline? What a service to the world). Youth - it ain't all dat. All kinds of issues that one is probably better equipped to deal with given a few more years on the earth. But I'm so happy the child in you is alive and well - follow the beauty, my friend!