Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tempest

TBSSFS (Too bad.So sad.Fuck shit) I missed the screening of Peter Greenaway's Prospero's Books at KLPAC last weekend.

The Tempest is without doubt my favorite Shakespeare play. My dream is to one day do the entire set, costume and art design for a production of The Tempest, to be staged by the sea. It must certainly be a sea in Asia. Oh oh I feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. That will be worth living for I think. I would have to build a shipwreck, an island, and fairie costumes. The production would be focused around these colors: navy, black, white, grey and cream (which also happens to be my own wardrobe, no coincidence). That checkered cloth I saw in Bali would be the basis for the costumes. OMG Goth Tempest. The island? Utterly desolate, created from mounds of shore debris; modeled after the Galapagos of course. Maybe I will just make all this stuff anyway. Sounds like a good six-month project... incidentally, the length of time of an upcoming residency in Penang. Hmmm. It sure is a crazy idea...

UPDATE: It might just work as an installation. Maybe the script could be acted out on video, in sign language - another recent obsession. The whole 'play' would be silent. Oh...

No comments: