Sunday, July 22, 2007

That old stressful feeling

Like a unkickable heroin addiction, like a recurring dream, like a delightful Simpsons' Season 1 rerun - exhibition preparation insanity loom-eth large once again. Tears of pure frustration have already been shed. Panic has unpacked its suitcase and made a comfortable place for itself in my bed and in my head. The countdown begins. The doom of...

Methinks I would be a good movie-trailer writer, eh?

You know the drill: posting will be sparse until it's all over. Of course expect some feverish missives from no-man's land.

For those who don't know, the exhibition is scheduled for first week of September, at Central Market Annexe. It will be the completion of a project for the Krishen Jit Astro Fund grant, and concerns itself with the issue of banned books. The working title is 'Sensors' (Censors, sensors - geddit? *groan*). Some elements to be incorporated include - that fairground buzz-wire game which tests your steady hand, mysterious lights, mythical sea creatures, dragons, and moral testing sheets.

Intrigued? Do stay-tuned.

For now I leave you with warm thoughts, good wishes and the super ability to meet all your deadlines.

8 comments:

Ben Samin said...

I'd love to direct the movie to whatever movie-trailer that prose is for! then again... i wish i could direct any movie. period. : )

The Ghost Eater said...

Ben - only the trailer is any good. The movie - meh, just artistic angst and woe-is-me moaning. It gets old pretty fast, even to me! Heheh.

Nice blog btw. The poet lives in the investment banker! There is hope!

Anonymous said...

Fish, ma book is coming out soon :)
I've finished the draft for that other book I'm working on with Amir, so I've gotta little bit of time (for now at least) to muck around summore. Be good, brain food :P

The Ghost Eater said...

Pelukis - you r back! Hope you won't disappear again like that. It makes me jittery! :)

Anonymous said...

hello chica. How have you been doing? Hope you're not still stressed out (btw, just noticed your last comment, you've got absolutely nuthin' to worry about; I was only contemplating about wanting to quit blogging to focus on work - and my own neglected artee fartee stuff, he he). I mean, when the heck am I gonna do ma own show, or at least a group exhibition that doesn't involve selling stuff at dirt cheapo prices. Me needs da moolah, so that I can take off running :). You take care now, Missy.

hugs from Slimey

gnute said...

I think we should rename the word "deadline" to something more positive, like "greenteaicecreamline", or "bunnyline". Who's with me?

newt

Anonymous said...

or 'pra-line' or 'panty-line' or 'Maybel-line':
'Maybe she's born with it, maybe its Ma...oh wait that's just her panty-line' :P

The Ghost Eater said...

oh get a room, you two.

xx,
b.