Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Selamat Hari Raya

May peace and goodwill be upon you! Wish I was there soaking up the atmosphere like an absorbent ketupat dipped in kuah. Instead I am eating sandwiches. Consider me there in spirit at all your respective buka rumahs, eating until I collapse in ecstacy. Screw the sports, economy, etc. Malaysia really is and always will be numero uno in the food game. All others can pack up and go home. This is my objective and considered view.

I'm reading Rumi. His words have captured my soul:

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wonderer, worshipper, lover of leaving.
It doesn't matter.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vow
a thousand times
Come, yet again, come, come.


-From Masnavi (The Teachings of Rumi) Book 1
Jalaludin Rumi (translated by E. M. Whinfield)

No comments: