Sunday, March 09, 2008

Balik kampung

For the first time in my life I feel at peace with myself and the country I was born in. Yesterday night Jerome hugged me and said: now you don't have to leave, Sharon. Tears started flowing when he went on to say: we can tell everyone else that they can come back.

They can come back...

I just don't have any words to express how I feel. I am so relieved and grateful. Finally, finally people who we can trust to listen to us. Sivarasa has the kindest face in the whole world, and when Elizabeth Wong smiled at me my heart just melted. Yes, it is a reaffirmation of all the hard work, love and effort poured into living here day to day. Yes yes yes. I feel so happy; I don't want to rest, I want to work!

And I don't want to leave. Can you believe it? Oh my god... I've waited so long for this. *sob*

Ok I gotta go pull myself together now. X.

No comments: