Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Maturin the label

Sigh, this blog is becoming the repository of all the things I really want to do. But sk'rang, mana ada masa? And headspace? Furgeddaboutit.

My label, my little baby that I'm nursing, is 'Maturin'. The few moments in the day not taken up with work or worrying about work is spent designing (mostly in my head) a line of limited edition bags. There will be one unisex shoulder/messenger bag, one women's shoulder bag, 2 clutches, one soft purse and one wrist-strap purse for when you go out but don't have any pockets (we've all been there, eh girls?). I have little sketches on bits of paper everywhere, and I find I tune out of less-than-scintillating conversation to continue my idle constructions, which have spilled out to an even more limited edition clothing collection - a short skirt, a t-shirt dress, a dress, a shirt and a t-shirt. The dresses have hoods on them. I like hoods because they protect and look pretty fly. The bags are all plain cream canvas on the outside, and lined with highest quality navy blue satin. Topstitching, pin-tucks, piping will feature heavily. Also handmade ceramic buttons, dice hanging from zippers, knots and braided rope for the handles. A 5-piece line of jewelery consisting of ceramic knots joined with braided silk rounds out Betta Sim for Maturin's first collection called 'Galapagos'! Secret evening launch party by the seaside - only dorks and geeks allowed, a certified un-cool event. Free-flowing rum. Best-dressed mermaid gets a Maturin dress for free! OMG. All 100 percent hand-made in Malaysia. No outsourcing to China! When when when? I know you want it too.

Second collection is 'Traveling Circus'.

Sigh. Someone get me a second life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i may place an order...

px

The Ghost Eater said...

heheh. yesh, that is motivation indeed. xx.